Sometimes I like to hear myself talk....and this morning has been one of those times. I'm pretty sure I said "yum" or some variation of "mmmm" in the double digits while eating these pancakes and giggling like a child.
Moving on to why you are reading this blog. Delicious pancakes that taste like pumpkin pie without being full of sugar and flour.
Paleo Pumpkin Pie Pancakes!!
1/2 C Almond Flour
2 T Coconut flour
2 T Vanilla protein powder
1/2 T Cinammon
1 t Pumpkin pie spice or allspice
1/8 t Salt (pinch)
1/2 C Pumpkin puree
2 T Honey
1/2 t Vanilla
Coconut oil for cooking
Coconut milk (optional-add if batter seems too thick)
1. Heat griddle to medium, grease with coconut oil
2. Whisk together dry ingredients
3. Whisk together wet ingredients and then mix into dry
3. Add splash of milk if needed
4. Pour batter onto griddle and shape into pancake
5. Cook approx 4 minutes, flip and cook 2 minutes or until golden brown
Variations: I have mixed bananas and walnuts into the batter as well as using them as topping. Both are amazing! And if you are a coconut lover, go ahead and sprinkle some on top or in the batter. You really can't go wrong with coconut!
I love food and hope you do too! My recipes are simple - buy the highest quality ingredients you can afford and slow down to enjoy the food that is fueling you.
Sign up for free recipes and workouts!