I love my crustless egg bakes, but today I really wanted a crispy crust to surround all the cheesy egg and veggie goodness. I was inspired by a brown rice crust at E Street Coffee Shop in Encinitas (Go by if you are local! - best customer service and usually someone playing a guitar in the corner <3 )
This recipe is very easy and you can substitute whatever veggies and cheese you love most.
Broccoli Cheddar Quiche with Brown Rice Crust:
2 Cups Brown Rice (cooked)
2 Cups Broccoli (steamed, but not mushy)
(I used a rice cooker with steamer top to accomplish both the steps above)
1+1/4 Cup shredded cheese
7 Eggs (1 for crust, 6 for quiche)
1/4 Cup Milk
1/8 Cup chopped green onions
Salt, pepper, garlic & onion powder (to taste)
1. Cook rice and broccoli
2. Mix 2 cups brown rice, 1 egg, and 1/4 C cheese and push into pie tin to form crust
3. Bake crust at 450 for 8 minutes of until edges are golden brown
4. Whisk 6 eggs, add broccoli, 1 cup cheese, milk, green onions, and spices.
5. Pour mixture into crust and bake at 375 for 30 minutes
6. Try to let it cool for 10-15 minutes before slicing. Difficult, but it will hold together better!
Enjoy and share your variations!
I love food and hope you do too! My recipes are simple - buy the highest quality ingredients you can afford and slow down to enjoy the food that is fueling you.
All Breakfast Drinks Food Food Prep Goals Highland Games Hot Jeans Challenge Meal Meal Plan Outfits Paleo Protein Recipes Tips Treat Veggies Water Workouts
Sign up for free recipes and workouts!
Photo used under Creative Commons from Ewan-M