I love my crustless egg bakes, but today I really wanted a crispy crust to surround all the cheesy egg and veggie goodness. I was inspired by a brown rice crust at E Street Coffee Shop in Encinitas (Go by if you are local! - best customer service and usually someone playing a guitar in the corner <3 )
This recipe is very easy and you can substitute whatever veggies and cheese you love most.
Broccoli Cheddar Quiche with Brown Rice Crust:
2 Cups Brown Rice (cooked)
2 Cups Broccoli (steamed, but not mushy)
(I used a rice cooker with steamer top to accomplish both the steps above)
1+1/4 Cup shredded cheese
7 Eggs (1 for crust, 6 for quiche)
1/4 Cup Milk
1/8 Cup chopped green onions
Salt, pepper, garlic & onion powder (to taste)
1. Cook rice and broccoli
2. Mix 2 cups brown rice, 1 egg, and 1/4 C cheese and push into pie tin to form crust
3. Bake crust at 450 for 8 minutes of until edges are golden brown
4. Whisk 6 eggs, add broccoli, 1 cup cheese, milk, green onions, and spices.
5. Pour mixture into crust and bake at 375 for 30 minutes
6. Try to let it cool for 10-15 minutes before slicing. Difficult, but it will hold together better!
Enjoy and share your variations!
I love food and hope you do too! My recipes are simple - buy the highest quality ingredients you can afford and slow down to enjoy the food that is fueling you.
Sign up for free recipes and workouts!