I fell in love with this in Ecuador and decided to make my own protein version! The texture is what gets me with a very slight crunch.
1 Cup Cooked Quinoa (I prep big batches and use it throughout the week. Ratio is 1 C Quinoa/2 C Liquid)
1/2 Cup Almond/Flax/Cow Milk
1 Scoop Protein Powder
1 t Cinnamon
1/2 t Vanilla extract (sometimes I do, sometimes I dont..)
1. Mix everything but Vanilla extract
2. Heat 5 minutes over medium-low on stove or for 1 minute in microwave
3. Stir. Add Vanilla extract if you fancy.
Too boring for you?? Add nuts, berries, or a splash of maple syrup (real please, no HFCS!)
1 C Oats
2 Scoops Protein Powder
1/2 C Nut Butter
3 T Cocoa Powder
2 T Cacao Nibs
1-2 T Honey
(Optional) Sprinkle of Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
1. Mix 6 ingredients in a bowl
2. Roll out on parchment paper or silicon mat
3. Sprinkle and press in coconut
4. Place in fridge until they harden a bit
5. Cut into squares (Pizza slicer works well)
Keep in Fridge and Enjoy!
I love food and hope you do too! My recipes are simple - buy the highest quality ingredients you can afford and slow down to enjoy the food that is fueling you.
Sign up for free recipes and workouts!