I love food and I believe eating should be something we enjoy and look forward to! I'm not an expert by any means, but when I follow the 5 steps below I manage to eat pretty well without too much worry.
1. Keep healthy foods in plain sight! On the counter, in a fruit basket, or at the front of the fridge. On the other hand, pack up sweets and place them in the cupboard with the doors closed.
2. Prepare! Choose a day to plan meals, look up recipes, and grocery shop for the week. If you have time, take it one step further and chop your veggies and pack food into portions.
3. Start with a salad. This applies to both eating out and at home. While everyone else is munching on bread or chips, get in a serving of vegetables. A simple salad we do very often is:
Strawberries, Apples, or Pears
Dried cranberries (optional)
4. Avoid distracted eating. Move away from the TV, computer or phone and give food the attention it deserves! I'm currently breaking myself of eating and driving...bags of almonds disappear way too fast ;)
5. Enjoy your food and move on with your day. Whether you made a good or bad choice, it's done. You'll have many, many more chances.
I love food and hope you do too! My recipes are simple - buy the highest quality ingredients you can afford and slow down to enjoy the food that is fueling you.
Sign up for free recipes and workouts!