If you think crockpots are so 1992, you are mistaken and missing out!! I often get home after 7:00pm and not having to make dinner at that time makes life much easier. It takes just a few minutes in the morning to throw everything in and out the door you go!
Both of these recipes also work great as leftovers - over salads, in tacos with avocado, spinach, and tomatoes, or even nachos for the husband and kids.
Fall-off-the-bone Spare Ribs (Easy)
2-3 lbs spare ribs
1/2 onion chopped
3 cloves garlic chopped
12 oz Tomato sauce
1/4 C water
2 Tbsp (gluten free) soy sauce or coconut aminos
2 Tbsp (GF) Worcestershire sauce
1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
2-3 Tbsp honey
Chili powder, paprika, pepper
1. Mix wet ingredients.
2. Pour half into crockpot, add ribs, onions, & garlic, pour remaining liquid over.
3. Cook on low for 8ish hours.
Enjoy with sweet potatoes and some green veggies!
Paleo Salsa Chicken (Super Easy)
4-6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 12oz package of FRESH salsa (your preferred heat level)
1. Pour a small amount of salsa into crock pot
2. Place chicken breasts in crock pot
3. Pour remaining salsa over chicken
4. Cook on low for 8-9 hours
5. Chicken should shred easily and taste delicious
Enjoy with black beans, rice, and sauteed onions, mushrooms & peppers.
I love food and hope you do too! My recipes are simple - buy the highest quality ingredients you can afford and slow down to enjoy the food that is fueling you.
Sign up for free recipes and workouts!