Lives are busy, people have kids, jobs, hobbies, and responsibilities that seem to make time just slip by. I still can't help but think its a bunch of BS when people say they don't have time to eat well! Priorities people! Everyone seems to have time to check facebook, instagram, twitter, 4 different emails (I know its addicting!).....so take that 20-30 minutes and make yourself a good meal made of whole foods that will do your body good.
Everything you need for this particular meal can be purchased at Trader Joe's...my go-to store for quick easy meals.
4 Sausages (I used Jalapeno Chicken, but use any that sounds good)
Steamed Lentils (hard work is already done for you!)
Kale (a few handfuls depending on how much you like kale ;) )
Bell peppers (I used 3 mini, probably = 1-2 regular size)
Chopped Onion seasoning
Salt and Pepper
1. Heat about 1 Tbsp Olive Oil in a skillet and add the sausages. Cook for 5-7 minutes on medium, rotating a few times to brown all sides.
2. While sausages are cooking, chop peppers, and remove stems from kale.
3. Place sausages on a cutting board. Place another Tbsp olive oil, peppers, and lentils to the skillet.
4. While peppers and lentils are cooking (about 5 minutes) slice sausages into pieces.
5. Add sausage pieces and kale to skillet. Cover and cook on medium-low for about 10 minutes
6. Add salsa if desired and enjoy!
Leave a Reply.
I love food and hope you do too! My recipes are simple - buy the highest quality ingredients you can afford and slow down to enjoy the food that is fueling you.
All Breakfast Drinks Food Food Prep Goals Highland Games Hot Jeans Challenge Meal Meal Plan Outfits Paleo Protein Recipes Tips Treat Veggies Water Workouts
Sign up for free recipes and workouts!
Photo used under Creative Commons from Ewan-M